Tuesday 23 February 2010

Map of Route Change of plan?

I'm almost certain to drop the Gibraltar part of my trip. There just isn't enough time to do it all justice. In some places I will need more time to stop, go out birding (sometimes with a guide) and evn just rest. I'm not top notch enough as a birder or biker to blast through the whole journey.

I still plan to return to Extramadura (as I promised myself I would) to visit Monfrague, those wonderful Azure-winged Magpies and try for Bustards on the steppes. After that, instead of Gibraltar, I'll "short cut" via Madrid to the Pyrenees. There, I plan to stop for a few days with a local bird group & have some guided days birding for Lammergeier & the rest. I'm not sure if April 19th - 23rd is too early for these upland areas. Anybody know?

Here is a rough map of the new route. For a better itinerary (showing the original route at the moment) follow this link (it takes you away from this page though); http://www.travelpod.com/travel-blog/bikingwithbirds/1/tpod.html


More pics to follow of bike preparation; I've got a screen & pannier racks ready to fit. Lots of bits still to buy and lots still to organise. Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment