Sunday 23 May 2010

Bierbza Marshes (N Poland), thanks Artur, Plans & Ferries

Hello again. No photos & only 15 mins on the Bierbza National Park Centre PC! Thanks to Artur here for everything (photo to follow when I get more time - done! - see below and later post "Photos from Bierbza, 27th May) - you are welcome to visit in England anytime. I stayed at the National Park Centre office where they have really good individual rooms with kitchen, shower etc, all new and clean. Money goes to the consrvation cause and its very cheap (no flash stuff or breakfast but  worth every penny ... made my own breakfast anyway!)
Birds ... Bluethroat (white spotted), White tailed Sea Eagle & more ... no time to list, (but see "photos from Bierbza, 17th May).

Mike, I have some photos of a big hairy animal for you ... just like you!
Tomorrow I head for Lithuania where I meet Wilma's friend Eve and her daughter Emilija. I want to visit Wilma's grave as my final "destination" on my trip. Then its on to Klaipeda on the Baltic coast for a ferry to Kiel N Germany. Ferry from Esbjerg to Harwich ( THANKS CLAIRE FOR BOOKING THEM) then home ... or that's the plan. Wish me luck

Photos and more later (now added - see below), cheers all.

Robert

The Bierbza National Park Centre (where I stayed for two nights - great place)


Artur, from the centre. You were so very helpful, thanks a lot. Good luck with everything and say Hi to Camile.

2 comments:

  1. GOOD LUCK YOU OL' BUGGER - Did you have to see so many Lifers that I still need? Seriously mate, well done, an amazing feat and an unforgettable memory!!

    Welcome home soon. Joop x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers John. I worked for them! Far more than I thought I would. Sometimes, I had no choice (like on the Danube, out on a boat for hours with the world expert on The Delta!)other times, I just got determined and gave it my all and other times I had to just to get to my next destination, come what may. I'm tired now though. What a trip! Thanks for your unstinting support - nade it worthwhile at times when I thought it was just a personal indulgence (which it is, I suppose). Anyway, thanks. We'll have so much to bore each other with when you get back! Roots x

    ReplyDelete