Thursday 27 May 2010

Esbjerg, last foreign place before ferry/charity donations/blogged out & THANKS!

Writing this from a cafe in Esbjerg where the owner/manager made me a coffee, let me use a PC in the cafe and then refused any money! If you read this - THANK YOU very much (you will see from other parts of this blog that internet access has been difficult).

Today, I rode the bike the last stage to Esbjerg in Denmark (only 45 mins), having arrived by ferry in Kiel, Nth Germany from Klaipeda in Lithuania (more or less 24hours sailing). I stopped off in a town called Kolding and had almost the most trouble finding a hotel of the whole trip! As mentioned before, the cost of the one I found was more than I was expecting but apparently this was quite cheap for Denmark at 610 Krone (about 70 Pounds). It was good though - especially the very comfy bed for the bad back!

Esbjerg is lovely (photos later if I can ... I just did!) & worth a visit but I'm now in getting home mode so not keen on exploring. I'm off to the ferry soon anyway.

Esbjerg town square

My faithfull steed! How far it has taken me and never a hiccup - what a machine. (The couple on the bench were having a picnic and enjoying watching the rtiual dismount, now with with bad back ... somehow, I don't think it looked very cool! But they smiled and nodded appreciatively.

I'm blogged out now so will do final update from home.

Now that I've (almost!) completed my journey, PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO DONATE TO THE CHARITY LINKS if you have been intending to ... I'm a fair bit off the target still (I'd like the MS one to get there if pos), thanks.

This is the last entry from foreign soil so ...

THANK YOU TO ALLL WHO HAVE VISITED THE BLOG, ESPECIALLY THE FOLLOWERS AND MORE ESPECIALLY, THOSE WHO LEFT COMMENTS. THEY WILL REMAIN FOR POSTERITY. I INTEND TO WRITE THIS SOJOURN UP IN SOME FORM AND WILL TRY TO INCLUDE COMMENTS OR REFERENCE TO THEM. WHETHER SUCH SCRIBBLES EVER SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY, WHO KNOWS BUT I HOPE YOU GOT SOMETHING FROM IT.

THANKS ALL. WILL SAY FAREWELL FROM HOME WITH A FINAL ENTRY. CHEERS!

R

2 comments:

  1. Hi Robert. Just a note to say well done mate! Plenty of people have great ideas and promote impressive plans to make adventurous trips and daring journeys to foriegn parts. You, and your faithful steed, actually did it. Great scenery, great stories, great birds and great blog. Hope you had a good trip back home. Looking fwd to catching up soon. Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. So kind Mike ... thanks for all your support, from encouragemant to photos to these comments. It's been great & I felt you were with me. did you see the Elk? Wish I could have got better pics - too far away. We'll meet up soon.

    ReplyDelete