Wednesday 5 May 2010

Photos & less chat

Slovenia (other photos in previous entry)



























Croatia




































Great Reed Warbler - 













Bulgaria - beautiful but look at the roads! (nearly killed my bike!)














 God I look rough!!












Trigrad Gorge, home of those wallcreepers!












 The lonely road! (Eastern Rhodopes mountains)












New friends - Dimitar and his wife Asia (is that right?) my guides to some very special raptors and other species in the Sakar mountains. Note the car ... it´s 4 wheel drive, off road!!









and this is where i´m spending the night - on the floor in a room of the Poda Nature centre (sleeping mat & sleeping bag!)










Finally ... more new friends - my bird guide around Burgas wetlands today, Dimo Dimchev, manager of the centre and fellow biker!

4 comments:

  1. Yeah birds - nice and all that but seen any 'proper' animals. Plenty of wolves and bears and dear and wild boar about in eastern europe methinks - no? And yes! I like the beard Robert -a bit wolf-man like. Did you pass through Transylvania en route by any chance! How many road miles so far btw. John wants to know how many birds - bit twitcher-ish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning pics again - you seem to be making great progress through there! I presume you caught up with the elusive wallcreepers - but where are the pics? Your exploits are great for us to follow; wonderful relief for me as I'm in the middle of job hunting; not a pretty sight at 61; I got hauled over the coals by three students last week at an interview for a teaching post in Yorkshire (yes, student empowerment rules OK these days); suffice to say I didn't get the job; the guy retiring was 2 years younger; the other 2 on the short list were 20 years younger!! 'C'est la vie' as they say. Did you have a postal vote? - it's election night tonight!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mike - yes, wild cat, brown hare, muskrat but despite being in Transylvania right now, no bears or wolves.

    Andrew, hi. Sorry about the job. I'm full of admiration that you keep at it. Good luck. my postal vote "got lost"????

    See you both soon I hope.

    ReplyDelete