Thursday 20 May 2010

Slovakia & into Poland´. Hello to all at Eger

Hi all. No photos, sorrz. Borrowing internet from b and b owners and thez not keen on attaching camera. Im just about to set off for Polish border. N. Slovakia looks beautiful. Have had four dazs riding in the rain, getting soaked and getting dried off difficult (there is onlz ther letter z on this kezboard ´I cant find the one I need.

Bit hopeless this so wont say much more. Hope to be home on the 28th. Getting tired now.

I found the letter Y! ´look ...yyyy

Best wishes to all, especially Richard, Jane, Tony, Sue, Nadia, Heather and Roy at Villa Volgy. Hope your birding etc went well after I left. It contiunued pouring for me, sadly but saw an eagle fly alongside the bike near Kosice, just as Roy said. I think it was lesser spotted. By the way, lots of closed roads around Miskolsc, including the main M3 motorway, because of flooding.

Well, have to get off, sorry this not very interesting. Maybe i will have another go later.

Cheers, Robert
PS A little addendum from Poland - this keyboard much better! I got soaked again after I left you alll at Eger - even worse than hungary. I had to stop, it was so bad.
PPS - have since added these pics;

The Villa Volgy Birders!

Remember him? (THAT sedge warbler!)

Purple Heron

Female White backed Woodpecker (Oh yes!)
Imperial Eagle mobbed by hooded crow (another rubbish photo but what a subject)
Lesser Grey Shrike
Birders - ID this one?
Triop blog Dog
Memories of Hungary - wet!

2 comments:

  1. Robbie I've just spent ages going through last weeks papers... We've got a pair of Purple Herons nesting in Dungeness. Apparently a first time for the UK. Local police have been drafted in to keep a watchful eye on the comings and goings! If all goes well the RSPB are going to set up a viewing station. The chicks are due to hatch in June. So I was very interested to see your Purple Heron! Can't save the paper cutting though it's gone!! Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tracey - Just seen this comment. What news for birders! I had no idea. Yes, it would be first time nesting (they turn up as rarities sometimes but not breeding, though I bet they have tried or even succeeded in the past cos it's the sort of thing that gets "supressed" - that's birder lingo for kept secret!). Somehow, i think you'll be having a "purple Heron" visit from us!! Cheers. R

    ReplyDelete