Thursday 27 May 2010

HOW TO USE THE BLOG! (& Danish prices!)

I'm in Esbjerg waiting for the ferry to Harwich but before that, a note I should have left days/weeks ago ... I'm new to blogs/blogging so I'm learning too but some people don't realise that past posts seem to "disappear" (sometimes you only see the most recent, especially if it's long with lots of photos)... so, here's how it works;

Either,
 1. Go to the right hand column of the blog snd you will find a list or archive in reverse date order of all the posts. The trip proper starts with "I'm off" in April and you can navigate forward or back from the archive. Before "I'm off" there is an outline map of my route somehwere - I did every little bit of it, I'm now proud to say!

or

2. Go to the very bottom of any post and click on "older posts" or "newer posts"

I hope this opens up a whole new world of discovery for disappointed blog readers!! I've had feedback that some people think I haven't written much ... after the HOURS I spent doing it, this is a shame (downlaoding just one photo on a creaking PC in Serbia took ages - in dodgy circumstances sometimes!).

Now, however, I have a few hours before the ferry in Denmark so I can fill in some blanks, maybe. I am in the tourist info centre here: very civilised, helpful & calm and they have free internet at a new, under-used PC - FAB!). Warning, before you come to Denmark (for free advice/internet access!) - bring half a year's pay ... an ordinary coffee costs over 3 quid and special coffees nearly a fiver! I spent more today on last night's hotel, a bit of petrol and a coffee than I did in a week in Romania - serioulsy, that's true! I can only afford the 5 hours I have here before I run out of money! - guess I took for granted the cheap costs in dear old Eastern European countries, bless 'em.

Right, onward to next post .... (in reverse order, remember!)

No comments:

Post a Comment